Reviews of trade paperbacks of comic books (mostly Marvel), along with a few other semi-relevant comments / reviews.

09 March 2009

More excuses

I missed putting up a review; a special review will be up tomorrow. You, the loyal reader, deserve a better excuse than “my personal life was crazy” or “I was crushed by the amount of work I had to do this week.” Frankly, you can get those kind of excuses anywhere, and we all know they’re lies, just excuses for being too lazy to put in the kind of quality work an unpaid “labor of love” deserves. So you get a better excuse. Like this one:

I journeyed to Richmond, having realized the Evil Robot James Buchanan was behind a monstrous plot involving the Democratic Party, an Abba cover band, and an exciting line of fruit smoothies.

When I confronted the Evil Robot James Buchanan in his lair, he admitted he had set in motion a Byzantine plot to prolong race wars by resurrecting the ghosts of Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis. He said, “I’m not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I’d explain my masterstroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it more than a century ago.”

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home