Reviews of trade paperbacks of comic books (mostly Marvel), along with a few other semi-relevant comments / reviews.

10 May 2011

Addendum to my few notes on the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, A-Z

Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, A-Z, v. 1 coverOne thing I forgot to mention as I went through the first volume of the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, A-Z: What this book really needs is references. Citations, if you will. It would help to know if the actions being described happened in the ‘70s (making them a long established part of the character’s lore) or whether it was something that happened in the last decade (making them more easily forgotten or more likely to be retconned). I don’t care if these citations are in footnotes or in parentheses; ideally, they would have the comic title, issue number, and the year, but I can do without the year. There isn’t much room for citations, I admit, but if Marvel got rid of those idiotic power bars, which ranks the character on a scale of 1 to 7 in six categories, then they’d have room for the citations, especially if they footnoted them in small type.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home