Reviews of trade paperbacks of comic books (mostly Marvel), along with a few other semi-relevant comments / reviews.

12 January 2009

Searching for a Way

I look at my Google Analytics page for this blog pretty much every day. This is not usually a heartening task, as I discover most people come to the site via Google Images. Shuma-GorathIt is depressing that it isn’t what I’m saying or how I’m saying it that brings visitors — it’s simply filling in alt tags.

I know no one cares about that information from me, and I also know posts about funny search terms aren’t very interesting. But I have to bring up this one: Someone reached Trade Talks via the term “garfield + x-men + parody + shuma-gorath + giant pencil.” They didn’t visit any other pages or even spend any time on the site. But they got here. However, I cannot imagine what those terms have in common. Was the user looking for a Garfield parody of the X-Men? Or vice-versa? I can see where a giant pencil might fit in, but where does a demon lord created by Conan creator Robert E. Howard and shoehorned into the Marvel Universe manage to squirm into the plot? And do I really want to know?

Anyway, Trade Talks is the number one result for that search. Out of two results! Eat it, comics section of Heritage Auction Galleries!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home